Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ravine Gardens

I'm adding this to my Fav Florida Places.

Ravine Gardens in Palatka, FL was a cool place to hang out for a couple of hours today and definitely a place we'll visit again.
If I got married in Florida there's a good chance it would have been here.
The gardens, fountains and terraces were from a storybook. Great job Florida you have once again took me by surprise and thrilled me!
We hiked, and yes I would call it hiking, for 45 minutes. We walked down into the ravine, around the edge, across two suspension bridges and up and down into the ravine a few more times! The paths were easy to find and cover a lot of the 59 acres, we had inclines and did I mention 2 suspension bridges! Of course the 1 hour plus driving time made the fresh air even nicer!

Definitely a place to visit if you live in or frequent the Sunshine State!
The boys say we're going back so they can film a karate movie there!

Now, here's the day in pictures.
Here we are loaded for bear, and p.s. dogs are allowed at the park!
The nuclear power plant on the way, simple things thrill my boys- and the Simpson's have certainly put power plants on the radar around here.



Steve and I with the main garden and fountain area behind us.




A look over the first garden terrace.

All my boys.

Suspension bridge.


Justin sitting on the top of the stairs leading down into the ravine!
Overall I rate Ravine Gardens an "A". Great for families of all ages, pets allowed, lots to do on various terrain.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...