Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Connecting With God

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I connect to God when I am serving others and when I can spend time alone, outside in His creation.

Serving others has always been easy for me. I can sit back, be quiet and just do what needs to be done. This caregiver in me has aided in having multitudes of boys at the house or serving at my church in various help ministries. I know God is my fuel when I serve others by caring for them.

Alone in nature. The sound of the birds and flowers touch my spirit in ways I simply can not put into words. When I work in my garden and I dig in the dirt, the coolness of the earth connects me to God. He formed us out of this dirt, this cold, lifeless dirt has a beauty in it. A beauty that God saw and knew would transform into His likeness.

A walk in the woods or field. The beach or the prairies of the west. Just being outside observing the world that surrounds me gives me a glimpse of who God is.

I try my best to work these areas into my daily routine. Serving others sometimes get debunked because I get selfish and with work and home school my outside time sometimes consists of driving with the windows down.

I must make a conscience effort to connect with God in these special ways He engraved in me.
-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...