Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Not a Failure in His Sight

I struggle with failure in my home school.
I'm not sure what triggers it, besides satan's attacks, but it's not fun. I had a bout of it this week. I just began to look around at my house, our home school area, the boys papers and tests and I thought it again.
"I've failed my children"
"By home schooling them, I've failed them."
Who am I to be their only influence? Who am I to teach them what I had learned in a classroom? I don't have a math genius or a spelling champ. Half my school like to read the other half- hates it. HATES IT. We're not the best spellers and math terms have been known to make us cry. We lose our reading books and spill dinner on our science book.
And,
we don't do school every day.

Again this week as I was on my clear my head drive, the Lord just spoke to me.
Here's what He said:
These are My children who I have entrusted with you Michelle. With you. Not anyone else, they were chosen for your home, your home school because only you could offer them what they need. I knew that. Trust Me on this.
Math, spelling, science. All good things but none with eternal significance. They read. They spell. They do math. They also love. They give. They pray. They love Me.

So it's His truths I need to focus on, have faith.
Oh me of little faith.
If God called me to home school, and I believe He did, then where's my faith? Is it merging with my reality? If so then these thoughts of failure are nothing, they need to be treated as the lies that they are.

James 1:3
because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.


-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...