Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Summer

One of the aspects of working in student ministries is the "hang out" factor. If there is anything students like to do more than hang out with their friends than I haven't discovered it!

Since ministry is about relationships, I get to do lots of hanging out!!

Last week I got back to back hang out days!

The first was an 18th birthday party!
When she called to tell me it was a skating party, I was thrilled!! I hadn't roller skated in 11 years! Ohhhh the glory of it! They even played some old school Michael Jackson, I kept saying "we'll leave after this song"...

Birthday girl on the right and her best friend.

My Justin jumped in on the fun. He hadn't been on skates since he was 2-years-old and he had a broken arm at the time; and to think we put him on skates??

The whole gang of us! I didn't want to leave, it was a bunch of fun!

The other hang out activity has been our Turn or Burn beach tour. After our mission trip we organized a weekly "beach tour"; we picked 4 beaches, 1 local and 3 at least an hour away, set a time and day and whoever shows- goes!
Since I am not a "go to the beach with a tone of people" person I decided to only go to the local date. We made a great castle and dug a huge hole!


Tada!
There you have it, a peak into the world of "hanging out".
Beach out!
-Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...