Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Images

But Lot's wife looked back, and she became a pillar of salt. Genesis 19:26

I thought about Lot's wife the other day and her choice to look where she was told not to look.
It stone cold killed her.
Made me think.
What do I look at that is killing me.
What movies, magazines or people do I look at that I shouldn't?
Some things are outright not right and other things may be not right in my heart.
Only I know that.
And God.
Joseph made the wise choice to flee from what he shouldn't look at, or participate in for that matter, it didn't turn out right away the way he would have liked, but it turned out so much better. So it can be done. We can choose to turn from not so good images.
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...