Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Day Something?, Working Through It

Today was one of those days.
I just wanted to crawl back into bed the moment I got out of it.
I wanted to quit my life, check out and sit on some island somewhere where nobody knows my name.
I managed 'til 11:30, then I crashed for a 2.5 hour nap.

So anyway my life's purpose is floating around in my head.
I get frustrated with the distractions that surround me and pull me toward them and away from serving God.
Basically if Satan can keep me focused on myself and my life then I'm no good for the Kingdom, in fact I tend to represent Christ in a poor manner; like today.

Yuck. I though my now life would be easier, ya know the frustrations and bumps would go away. While today I sneaked away I awoke to the reality that stopping, quitting, running away, none are options. Persevere. Press on. Words I'm not crazy about; afterall I like a smooth ride. Persevere and press on carry with them a sense of work with a little pain mixed in.

So I choose to focus on the truth of God's Word to help me through.

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...