Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Busy in the Kitchen

Wanted to give a photo update on my day of baking.

I'll actually start with the dinner I made. This is a great and easy thing to eat at home or take to a holiday party.

Sweet and Sour Meatballs
10-12 oz grape jelly
1 jar chili sauce
1 package Armour brand frozen meatballs (or make your own)

Mix grape jelly and chili sauce
add meatballs
serve over rice or eat as an appetizer
Here's a picture, yum!



Now onto cookies. Since I made three different types I first layed out all my ingredients. I use a cookbook from when I was a kid. I made 3 types.



The first was ribbon cookies. After making the dough, you separate it and add food coloring for any color you want. I chose red, green and white. You layer the dough in a bread pan, or Rubbermaid container if you don't own a bread pan, and let it harden in the freezer for... however long the recipe says or you can do like me and leave it in there until you think it's ready. *smile* Here's the dough in the pan:


Next you take the hardened dough and slice it, then bake it. Currently these are still in the freezer. Another yummy treat!

I also made brownies. The easiest bake of the day because it's from a box! BOGO at Publix this week! Today I made the chocolate, turtle brownie!


Lastly, and my personal favorite, are the cyclops cookies! Here's the balls of dough ready for the oven!



And the final product.




Cold Hands
Warm Heart

~Michelle

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...