Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcome 2012

Happy New Year!!
We rang in the new year last night with a campfire, friends, laughter, food and watching the ball drop.


18 years we've hosted a new years party,
ever changing,
always fun.


The kids laughed hard,
they laughed long,
the adults too- we seem to enjoy ourselves.


As 2011 has closed and 2012 opens I look forward to a new year. New resolutions? No, I'm not the type.


I do have some stuff I'd like to do in 2012, some have depth, some are pretty shallow. 
Some, I guess could be resolutions.


I'd like to go on a cruise.
I'd like to eat healthier.
I'd like to pray more as a family.
I'd like to forgive.
I'd like to manage my days better. 
Be more thoughtful.
I'd like to give grace more.
Receive grace more.
I'd like to spend more one on one time with my granddaughter.
I'd like to simplify.
I'd like to hand stitch more.
Sit on the beach more.
I'd like to love a little deeper,
speak a little truer
and seek my God a little more passionately.


I wish you all a happy 2012, 
may you wake each morning enjoying the day, 
the moment, 
the season. 
Each day is the present, it's the only one you've got- how will you live it? 
Perspective is everything, or it's at least a large part of everything. 
What will your perspective be this year?
this day?
this moment?


I'd also love to hear your resolutions for 2012- so go ahead and share.
Love to all,

1 comment:

Aleatha said...

I want to be more intentional . . . relationships, time with Jesus, daily chores, purchases, food I eat, well you get the point. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...