Half way through January 2012, is it too late to do a 2011 survey?
this on Rage Against the Minivan and thought it was such a great idea.
1. What did you do in 2011 that you'd never done
saw the Pacific Ocean, visited Alaska, hiked in Yosemite NP, the giant sequoias
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions,
and will you make more for next year?
I didn't really have any
3. Did anyone
close to you give birth?
My sister-in-law had a baby in November
4. Did anyone close to you
5. What countries did you
Just the USA and a lot of it
6. What would you like to have in 2012 that you lacked in
A more faithful prayer life
7. What dates from 2011
will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 23, 2011- a personal, life changing night
11-11-11 it was the day my niece was born and I was given the opportunity to care for her (which I chose to do)
8. What was your biggest achievement for the
Steve and I coming to a new place in our marriage and relationship
was your biggest failure?
opening my mouth when I should have just listened
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I did not but Steve broke his ribs and Vaughan dislocated his shoulder
What was the best thing you bought?
12. Where did most of your money go?
13. What did you get
really excited about?
visiting my cousin in Alaska and seeing Yosemite with Steve
14. What song will always remind you of
"The Time" -Black Eyed Peas
15. Compared to this time
last year, are you:
-Happier or sadder?
fatter, by just a little
16. What do you wish you'd done more of?
17. What do you wish you'd done less
18. How did you spend Christmas?
home with our new extended temporary family, opened presents, ate pancakes and then went to see The Chipmunks
19. What was your favorite TV
Storage Wars and Burn Notice- both on Netflix
20. What were your
favorite books of the year?
True Grit was the only book I read, sad
21. What was
your favorite music this year?
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
True Grit, Sherlock Holmes
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were
I turned 37, Steve and I went to Bush Gardens and ate dinner at the hard Rock
24. What one thing
would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
hmm.. a more faithful prayer life
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in
jeans and brown boots
26. What kept you sane?
God's Word, my friend Katie
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you
learned in 2011.
I learned that God is not only in control of everything but that all things happen in His time. That prayer and giving hearts desires up to God will produce results in His time. I learned that even when I think I have found peace in my current life situation it may not be the place I will remain. I was also reminded that focusing on my marriage is by far the most important relationship to focus on.