Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

6 Beach Bums and a Lifeguard



This afternoon I took my 6 girls from Wednesday night youth group "Wired" to the boardwalk! It was a blast! It was also a story on how we got there- our first choice had been rollerskating only to find the rink isn't open on Wednesdays. next was ice skating only to learn the rink was still under construction and ot openein til Friday! So we hit the Boardwalk and was a God thing!



The girls had a chance to have free time withone another. They broke into 2 groups of 3, the "Mean Girls" group and the "I'm just glad to be here group". Although very different, they all have two things that bring them together, one good, one not-so-good. The first is Jesus, He brings these girls to His house each Wednesday night and then blesses me with the opportunity to hang with them. They think I'm old! I love it, I'm only 32 and they say "Ms Michelle, you're so ... old!!!"- I just love it!! Plus- all my life I hear how I look much younger than I am so it's kinda fun being the "old" one!







The other thing that brings them together is their music. I let them listen to their music this time. My rule: no radio, CD's and MP3's only. If I don't like the song I move on, but for the most part I listen; I like to see what their world is like; interesting it is, but really it's not that much different than when I was a kid, or when any of us were kids. It's about sex, drugs and rock-n-roll. So my new mission, should I choose to accept it, is to help these girls switch over to Christian music. After listening today I'll start with T-Bone. He was our cross-over musician. After seeing T-Bone in The Rock Opera Hero, with Michael Tait and Rebecca St. James, we bought one of his CD's and then it was Toby Mac and KJ52, LA Symphony (not a real symphony Aunt B, I know you were somewhat excited to think I would listen to some good music *hehe*). Anyway, my point, I'm going to give them each a Christian CD and challenge them to listen to it, once a day or week- still not sure of that.

I remember what my mother always said "Garbage in, garbage out"- Oh how I hated it, but how things have changed, I like it now, I totally get it! So that it what I pray will be a factor for Christ in these girls lives, new information getting feed to their minds.

I'm claping little claps to myself because I am so excited to see God work in these girls lives. Jesus Rocks!


Matthew 13:15 For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.

Lord, may You begin to rub away these girls calloused lives. That they would hear You and see You O' Lord, may they know Your glory! Amen
And one more music I'm really into Ginny Owens (she's not hip hop or rap), check her out!
I think we do the peace sign 'cause we think we gangstas?

1 comment:

Kelly Curtis said...

How FUN!!! It's too funny because my post today is about writing in the sand too.

What a great crew you have there!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...