Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Peace and a White Horse

I just know God is in this.
This life with teenagers, with pain, with death, with suicide.
He is here.
He has a plan.
One day it'll all make sense.
One day the pain will be gone forever.
The crying will leave to never be heard or felt again.
When Jesus comes the isolation, rejection, disappointments will evaporate.
Because of that I have peace.

Peace when my baby's eyes cry dry tears, when the pain of his heart is seen in his face and felt in my heart.
Peace when my son's low shoulders carry a responsibility for a man twice his age. Peace when I lay alone; for I know this is temporary, fleeting, like a flower in the field, blown away. One day we'll all be gone and our place will remember us no more; but may it, may they, remember Jesus.

May we leave behind the footprints of Christ; after all it is He who has carried us, me. Sometimes, many times, I walk on my own. I hobble, I limp, I leave behind not so great treads. I leave behind a mess that doesn't reflect Christ at all. Oh it is then that I am reminded that the LORD is on the throne, I am covered by grace,
saved by grace.
I am saved not because of any great work I've done but because Jesus first loved me, God loved me. And for that I press on.
Day by day, minute by minute, second by second until that glorious day when my Saviour rides in to bring me home.
Amen and hallelujah!


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27
**********************************
I saw heaven standing open and there before me was a white horse, whose rider is called Faithful and True. With justice he judges and wages war. Revelation 19:11

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...