Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, November 09, 2009

Week Two

A Woman After God’s Own Heart

1 Thess. 5:17
“Pray without ceasing”

Ok, so how was it?
How was your first week seeking to be a woman after God’s own heart?
Did you find it easy to add this to your schedule; or was it a challenge, like it was for me?
Either way I spent more time with God this past week than the week before!
I’ll take it!
I really liked the challenge given on page 10: we were challenged to commit to do three simple things this week. 1. Get a prayer journal, 2. Set a must keep appointment with God, 3.Designate a place.
How did you do?
Me? I grabbed my small 3-ring binder prayer journal and tried to sit down in my living room at about 8:15am. I put a cardboard box under my coffee table that holds all I need: my bible, pens, index cards, workbook. We can do this!

For today:
In the comment section below please do the following:
1. name
2. yes that you did your homework or that you spent more time this last week with the Lord than the week before
3. type out 1 Thess. 5:17
4. finish this sentence: I have tasted that the Lord is good by…
5. anything you feel Spirit-led to share, comment or link to your blog for this one

Hearing God’s Heart
Beloved remember that God’s Word says it will do it's purpose and not return empty.
Psalm 5:3
Matthew 6:5-15
Hebrews 11:6


This Weeks Key Truths:
say these outloud
-God rewards those who earnestly and wholeheartedly seek Him.
-Our relationship with God and with others influences the effectiveness of our prayers.

Homework This Week:
Workbook peps:
Complete week 2, days 1-5, pages 22- 36


Book Option Peps:
Chapters 3-4

If you haven’t yet, read comments section from week one.
We can do this, I am so grateful to go on this journey with you all.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

1. Michelle
2. yes
3. Pray without ceasing
4. ... seeing His faithfulness in giving me His peace when I seek Him and His presence.
5. I find my attitude much more Christ-centered when I have spent time in prayer. I set my alarm for 5 minutes and knelt down and prayed, I desire to do that everyday.

gschott said...

I am still waiting for my book. But everyday I am more aware of how much I must rely on Jesus for strength. I have done internet studies with friends before so am really looking forward to getting started.

Whitney said...

1. Whitney
2. I did some of it, but I did spend more time with the Lord than the prior week!
3. Pray without Ceasing
4. I have tasted that the Lord is good by the provision and forgivness He gives me daily.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...