Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

For about 2 weeks before Thanksgiving day we thought it was going to be a small event, 6 of us. With family not coming into town, family moves out of town it looked like our annual hosting of Thanksgiving would be our family and Steve's dad and step-mom.

Then, the day before Thanksgiving I get 2 calls, our numbers had jumped up to twelve. Steve's brother adn girlfriend, his sisters and 2 of her friends and a friend of Steve's dad would now be joining our table.

Here are our pre-guests activities:
I had made the pita already and Steve made the mashed potatoes.
I set the table

Justin was ready to eat right at 2pm when we had planned, the only thing was NO ONE was here at 2pm. Yep. Steve's family always runs very late. The plan was to start coming over at 1pm and then eat at 2!!
Finally everyone arrived between 2:30 and 3:00, and when I say everyone I mean the 7 of us that actually showed up! Not only am I thankful for my family but I am thankful for the love and grace that is extended within the family during the holidays!
It has become a tradition for Steve to make a campfire on Thanksgiving and we all sit around it after dinner.
Vaughan and Uncle Chuck.
Steve and I, boy do I look wasted? I wasn't.
Steve, brother , dad and step-mom.
So that was our Thanksgiving day! Good food. Greek food. Family and fun!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...