Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, January 22, 2009

He Keeps Things Just So

"You'll find it in the ..."

I received this text from Vaughan today disclosing the location of the key to his DVD case.
How sweet it was to think that he has such a loving heart to think of us at home, out of movies to watch, still recovering from this thing called the flu.

Vaughan owns 80% of the DVD's in the house and keeps them under close watch, lock and key. No one, until today, knew the hidden location of that key.

Sometimes when I lay awake at night I think of the mistakes I've made in parenting. I know we're not perfect and I don't much like to focus on the negative but the reality of parenting is we're gonna mess up. It seems at night sometimes I am haunted by my shortcomings;
then,
days like to today come around
when a selfless act comes out of nowhere, an act that was not easy for him , that wasn't begged for or even asked for, and act that reminds me even with all my screw-ups God is the ultimate worker on my boys hearts.

Now off to watch another movie and Lord-willing be done with this flu today!
-Michelle

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Seriouly I have never ever ever heard of you being sick this long or ever for that matter. Please stop cleaning stop moving and get better!!

Love ya,

me

Simply Dani said...

I don't think I've ever seen you get sick in the 2 years I've known you...

I haven't gotten my weekly dose of Michelle :(

feel better, get some sleep, take some zinc and vitamin c

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...