Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, January 26, 2009

Back At It!

Feeling better.
Saturday I had to take a trip out, we seemed to have had undergarment issues while I was sick. I'm down for a few days and everything the boys own gets ripped, torn or full of holes. So Saturday I ventured out to Wal-mart for the first time out of the house in a week.
I needed some walking so I parked at the far end of the parking lot and weaved my way in and out of several of the stores along the way to WallyWorld. As I walked the world seemed different, new, fresh. There seemed to be less people and the air a little crisper. Perhaps it was the cold medicine, perhaps it was seeing the outside for the first time in a few days, either way it was nice to be back out and about.
I also made a visit to the lego room and realised that the Christmas ornaments and tree are still sitting in their boxes in the corner of that room.
I forgot I planned to clean the attic up before putting everything back up there. That was 24 days ago, before work got busy, before a trip to NH for a funeral, a trip across state with 28 middle schoolers and before I caught the flu. So now, I'm doing what I do best- avoiding cleaning it up and blogging instead!
Trust me cleaning up my attic is not high on my list, when I was getting the Christmas stuff down I happen to notice several boxes gone through and not put back together properly- apparently one of my children and his friend spent some time up there looking through stuff and loving it!
Doe anyone else have any Christmas stuff hanging around still?

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Glad you are feeling better! No Christmas decorations left but still plenty of boxes to unpack from our move in November - yuck!

Amanda said...

yep and maybe they might just stay out till next year. I's a bust!

Simply Dani said...

I think the world does look different after you've been sick for a long time. When I was out for 2 weeks with chicken pox, it was crazy to actually get to see people after feeling like a leprotic prisoner.

Glad you're feeling better though!
We need to go out to lunch some time :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...