Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Thinking On...

Realizing more and more each day that attitude and perception can influence a day tremendously.

And being productive.

King Solomon, the wisest man ever! said "So I saw that there is nothing better for a man than to enjoy his work, because that is his lot." Ecclesiastes 3:22 (see also Ecc. 2:24, 3:13 and 5:18)

I am finding joy in my productivity, or toil, or work or job.

Well at least for today I am.

"Thus far the Lord has helped us" 1 Samuel 7:12, I give Him my tomorrow and since He's the same tomorrow as He was today and yesterday and 10 years ago, my tomorrow looks pretty good.

Until then a positive attitude and proper perspective goes a long way.

"Whatsoever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, excellent or praiseworthy- think on such things" Philippians 4:8 paraphrased

Today I am thinking on,
my husband and love of my life,
laughing with my boys,
a new friend who without knowing it- makes me tell all and then we smile and laugh about it- then she brings it all back around to Christ,
the flowers outside my window- Mexican petunias to be exact,
my cats, those crazy, poopey cats...,
my dog and the fact that he sleeps with his head on a pillow (and will nudge a child off that pillow in the middle of the night so he can have it),
how awesome God is and how He has given me such a peace in the midst of my life right now that I often pinch myself to wake myself up- this is so non-characteristic of me,
did I mention the love of life who is snoring so loud right now that I may have to sleep on the sofa...

my sofa is extra super comfy bytheway

So what are you thinking of that is pure and lovely and excellent and praiseworthy?
Again link to it in your comments

(and for anyone who happens to read my blogger account, no one does so check out my myspace at myspace/viaosmom - people read and comment over there)

-Michelle
<><

1 comment:

Steve said...

i do

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...