Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

If Only I had a Helmet and Set of Pads

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's getting hotter in Florida, if you can imagine that! Monday was the first day Early Bird wore full pads to practice, I think it was like 93 with a heat index of 103 and he didn't hesitate one second to dress up and head out. He, along with every other kid out there has been waiting for this week for a long time. Full pads in football means they can hit one another!

Not a moms favorite week, but for the kids- they love it!

As I continue in my own struggle of life, new business, new job, more kids, no money... I watch these boys each evening and they inspire me.

I watch them run and hit and run and hit, sweat pours from them like a faucet, their shirts stick to them like glue and yet, they persevere, they push on, they smile. They get up and run again, hit again, yell "Yes Sir!" again. I cringe still when I hear the cracks of the pads and helmets; I'm inspired.

Games are still 3 weeks off and yet they continue on, each night- hot sun, high humidity and temperatures enough to cause me to slip away from practice early finding relief in my a/c. They push on.

They have a goal. A prize.

A jamboree awaits them. Saturdays won't come soon enough. They work hard.

Today I was ready to give up.

It happened to be a fleeting moment, or two, of exasperation; but it existed.

In my feeble attempt to live less of a life of me and more of a life of Christ, I remembered what Paul said in Hebrews 12:1 "let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

This is my race.
Marked out for me. Not you. Not my friends, nor my family, but me, M.E.

A jamboree awaits me, it's called heaven. I want to run with perseverance.

Perseverance, from persevere: to persist in a state, enterprise, or undertaking in spite of counterinfluences, opposition, or discouragement

Discouragement, hmmmm... To persevere I must push on through this discouragement, in spite of it.

My race, my path. Again takes me to God's Word Psalm 18:32 says "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

My way, perfect?

Due to my past experiences with God I can do nothing but believe Him. He's batting 1,000. Me I tend to strike out a lot. I'll go with God on this one.

He gives me peace.
He gives me strength to persevere.
He changes my attitude, my spirit.

My race is so much more worth it when I have an eternal perspective, when I focus on the jamboree that awaits me.

And oh yes have I said it yet this week??

"HIT SOMEONE!!!"


-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...