Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Spiderman 3 Review

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Overall a good movie. I like comics, I like Spidey, so it was entertaining.

This was a 2 hour movie done in 2.5 hours.

Although there were the usual comic book-to-movie mistakes I enjoyed the storyline. The good versus evil both bond together by their enduring of hardship and both fueled by love, justice and revenge.

Peter Parker takes on the "New Goblin"/Harry Osborn to pick up from Spidey 2. In the end the two join forces to save Mary Jane, kind of lame I thought. Spidey also takes on the black suit/the battle within himself as well as Venom and the Sandman.

As in the other Spidey's I'm shocked that Mary Jane and Peter Parker stayed together all this time, their characters have no sparkle, no chemistry. After their scenes I found myself saying, what? Although MJ being a red-head has always won points with me and the nerdy Peter getting the girl puts a smile on my nerd loving face *smile*

The black suit really kept my interest. I thought it was a good illustration of our fleshly battle within each of us. We all have a black Spidey suit, our flesh that calls from it's trunk, that feeds off our fleshly desires and thrives on our self. Peter overcomes his black suit just like we can overcome our own through Christ. It is for freedom that Christ has set us free.


Venom, aside from the falsehood on how Venom came to be, was excellent. The transformation was cool- I loved the graphics, and his freaky, sharp, layered mouth was right out of the comic book! Great job on this guy, just could have seen more of him.

As for the Sandman, who was played by the same actor who played the mechanic on the old TV show Wings, I'm not exactly sure why he was terrorizing NYC? His graphics and transformation were pretty cool too. When he first came to be I couldn't help but think of how that is where we came from, the dirt and dust. I wonder how that was, the creation of man. Formed from the dust of the ground, molded by God's hands to be just so. I bet it was awesome!

Graphically this movie rock! The transformations we awesome. The Sandman's birth out of a pile of sand was so realistic, it convinced me. Then there was the black icky symbiote and it's growth into the black Spiderman suit and Venom. The movement of the symbiote reminded me of a slim session from Nickelodeon in the '80's- it really appeared to be alive.

Overall good movie- go see it! Good villains, good comic book high swing fights, not good for little eyes- head the PG-13 rating.

I recommend Spiderman 3 and give it 2 thumbs up.


Peter Parker, from Spiderman 3: "Whatever battles we have raging inside us, we always have a choice. It's the choices that make us who we are and we can always choose to do what's right."


-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...