Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, May 07, 2007

I Feel Spiderman's Pain

This is from my myspace blog. I prefer blogger over myspace and have used it for longer... but all my friends use myspace to blog, so I do too!
anyway...

So Lisa has commented twice on the fact that I've posted 2 locked blogs.
Here is why, I don't mind sharing, especially since I'm going to post this blog!
Basically God is really stretching my faith. Ouch, stretching hurts. Joyce Myer said once that when God takes you to a new level in your walk or faith in Him, then the devil will have to come at you in a new way, new level, new devil.
Today I was having a bit of an inner crisis, and sharing my struggle with my boys when they each spoke up in such an encouraging way. Night Owl first of all said the first chance he got "Mom I have been praying for us.".
Early Bird then points out that I was on the due date for my memorization of Psalm 103. "You have 3 verses to go int he chapter"- God's calling you to a new place in Him, satan doesn't like that.
Night Owl then assured me it's be alright, God loves us and has always been good to us. He then prayed and the rest of the day turned out nice. Well, I still had to seek God as the struggle persisted, but the battle belongs to the Lord and victory is won in Christ, so knowing that made things much better.
As we tucked them into bed we thanked God for His love and His peace, we thanked Him for the mindset to seek Him.


Here's what promoted the Psalm 103 Memorization:
A few months back I felt led to memorize more scripture, starting with Psalm 103- a whole chapter!
I originally started off with no deadline but after being challenged by our Pastor to make 4 changes over 4 weeks, 2 for the good and get rid of 2 bad. So I partnered up with another lady in my small group for accountability. One of the things I chose to do for the positive was memorize Psalm 103 by today!!
As I said the whole Psalm this afternoon and tonight to Steve, my witness; the words comforted my soul. What a perfect God we serve.
So as I face change in my life, and I don't like change, I move ahead trusting Christ. This change in faith is good change, I can do that. Cause God knows I've done it enough on my own, I pray I will rely solely on HIM.
Praise the Lord Oh my soul, all my inmost being praise His holy name.


-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...