Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm Believin' God

I'm believing' God.
It's the name of the study I did last summer with a close friend.
I didn't realize then what my now would contain.
We're in a place with our business and the county that could be a set back. The news hit hard and I didn't know what to feel. I trusted God but was in a bit of a shock/confusion.

Praise God, when I got home He showed me this:
"Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you." Jeremiah 32:17
(here's verses 16-19- they're good too)

This became my mantra, then it happened. I'm not sure exactly what but it was a blow from the enemy and the next thing I know I was thinking the worst and feeling rather down. feeling. My grandmother gives me a "tsk, tsk" when I bring up how I feel. Many times my feelings are self motivated, not motivated by the Spirit but by my own inner selfish, self.

Prasie the Lord O my soul! All my inmost being praise His holy name! Psalm 103:1

Then I made up some new scripture cards, and began repeating them and praying them. I grabbed my cards and headed to a friends house. I prayed that God would turn my insides back toward Him.
You know what.
He did.
That's why I'm believin' God.
He's the healer of the broken.
The fount of Living Water.
My thirst quencher. My all.
So this whole thing with the business, God's got us covered.

I set up my stone today and name it Ebenezer, saying, "Thus far the LORD has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12.

When I did that study on believing God, each night before we went to bed we did a "God Stop".
Savoring
the
Observable
Presence
God Stop.

Anyway, each night we had to journal, list or write how we saw God work THAT DAY in our lives! It is so much nicer when we record His goodness as it happens. It helps me to: #1. think on the whatsoevers; whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are noble,...Phil. 8:8 and #2 puts my focus on the goodness of God NOW, TODAY; He's the same yesterday, today and tomorrow- too often I forget the today part. I'm too busy whinning about today instead of enjoying it.

This is the day that the Lord had made, let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24 (emphasis mine)

here are a few of today's God Stops:
smooth sailing through the bank line, twice
a friends children home from the hospital and recovering nicely
a bad attitude turned good
free food
my friend's 15-month old's laughter and curiosity
kittens

-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...