Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, December 11, 2006

This was taken from my personal Bible journal not to long ago. I had/have been struggling with an issue in my life and the Lord led me to this passage and this freewrite.

We all mock God I think. If mocking God is going against what he says then we mock Him. The original Greek word that mock comes from means to turn up the nose or sneer at. Oh I don't even like to to write that, so what I'm saying is I mock God. Please forgive me Lord, I do not desire to mock You, I desire to praise and obey You.

We all do it in different ways.

The Lord recently opened my eyes to Galatians 6:7-9, about reaping and sowing.

First of all I saw I was being deceived. "Do not be deceived: God can not be mocked." I had been deceived to think I could continue to mock God in an area of my life and not have any consequences. "A man will reap what he sows"

Next I had to evaluate who I was trying to please: my sinful nature or the Spirit? "The one who sows to please his sinful nature from that nature will reap destruction; the one who sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life." So since I have come to the conclusion that I am currently sowing to please my sinful nature I am reaping destruction! That's a strong word, destruction. So all encompassing, when I think destruction I picture a huge mess, I picture nothing but piles of charred remains and smoke drifting up to the heavens. Gray skies, no life.

There's no way I want that! Since destruction in my life would mean a spillover into the lives of my husband and children and beyond, I say no. No more do I want to please my sinful nature; I will sow to please the Spirit, and reap eternal life.

Eternal life has such a life glow to it. Something about those words bring visions of angels, white puffy clouds and 3 Musketeer bars to mind. I think of eternal life as not only life forever in heaven but a peaceful life here on earth, a life grounded in the faith of knowing whatever the current situation God is with me and those white puffy clouds of His love surround me here on this planet, in this life, in this current life issue I face.

"Let us not grow weary in doing good." I have been doing good in some areas but in others, I have grown weary, in some ways given up.

"For at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

Hang tight! Don't give up! In the proper time a harvest will be reaped! Since this does not go along with my time line, patience will need to be put into practice. I too often get upset with God when His timing is "off" from mine. Proper time, God's time.

Anyway, I made a decision today to please the Spirit on this one issue in my life, to not grow weary when I want to turn back to pleasing my sinful nature, to continue to lift this up to the Lord and see the truth in the destruction it will bring, to not be deceived any longer! Oh how I look forward to the harvest!

***************************************************************************
While posting this today one of my favorite songs comes to mind by a group called LA Symphony. It's called Hold On, here are some of their lines that came to mind

"Hold on my homies, in the middle of the night, hold on my people in the thick of the fight, hold on my friend, you gotta keep the faith, so soon it will end and you will see it was worth the wait." Let us not grow weary (vs. 9)

"we must win in the end through perseverance, I'll only be hearing the uplift and cheerin' " ... do not give up! (vs. 9)

"to leave the life of your past that had you homie dyin'...hold on to the decision you made to change your living" do not grow weary... do not give up (vs. 9)

"nothing can break us, nothing can stop us, hold on like pit bulls lock jaws cause there is a hope, for better day, a better us, a better way" Let us not grow weary, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest if we do not give up (vs 9)

"you'll reach your destiny, you'll reach your goal, find that strength deep down in your soul." Let us not grow weary (vs. 9)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...