Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I find I spend much of my time counting down or preparing for something in the future. Today I sat down to add a new "ticker" to my myspace counting down the days until my hubby will return, this replaced the ticker of how long until he left. Last night I sat down and planned my home school week (yes I know the week had already started), next I am making out my grocery list, planning the next week's worth of food. It got me thinking about all I plan for and all I don't plan for.

For instance I don't plan to share Christ with people. I mean I do plan to, one day when I'm a missionary- yes this is really what I want to do when I grow up. I do plan to when conversation and the Holy Spirit lead that way, but I don't deliberately plan to set out and share Christ. Don't get me wrong I try to bring up Christ in conversations but when was the last time I sat down and planned it. Yes, yes I know living and sharing out faith is not necessarily planned out but why can't it be. Follow me here, why don't I sit down and write a list of the people I come into contact with regularly; the cashiers at Publix and Wal-mart, the librarian, the lady who works at the gas station, the teller at the bank. Why don't I sit down and pray about each of those people or situations, then come up with a plan to share Christ with them. I mean if I had a ticker that counted down to the day until Christ returned or if everyone had a ticker of their days left above their head I'm sure I'd find a way to share Christ with them right now.

So I've decided that while in the midst of the counting down season I will make a point to share the reason for the season to these individuals who I see each week; I will plan to be deliberate in what I say, to go out and make disciples of all nations, starting with the one I live in. I encourage you to do the same.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...