Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, July 09, 2010

Time Keeps on Tickin'

I am not sure how time really works.
Like how can my children go from this:
and this:

To this:
and this:
I love my kids and I enjoy their company.
We laugh and get silly.
We enjoy time with each other and we are the best at deciding where to order take out from.
Movie marathons: we rock it!
My boys are so much alike yet they are worlds apart.
Raising them I really desire boys with integrity, character and a heart for God.
Some days I see and feel like those things have been instilled in them (and are being instilled), other days I think not.
That's the hardest things about parenting, the kids.
The fact that they have their own personalities,
that they make their own choices
and that they are responsible for their own spiritual health, growth and well-being.
I am often my own worse critic, taking on the weigh of their lives.
I find my ultimate rest and peace in knowing that it is not I but Christ who, alive in them, will mold them into the men He sees them as.
Sometimes life doesn't go as we would like in order for things to turn out just as they are suppose to be.
But today I just can't help but wonder: where did the time go and who on earth allowed my babies to grow up?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...