Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm Back for a Second


Wow! Has it been 2 weeks already? It seems like a drop in the bucket of time. Tuesday night I wondered if I'd be able to write on here again so soon.
These past two weeks have been busy, relaxing, peaceful and fun!

This time of year is busiest at work with both our middle and high schoolers heading out to conferences within a month of each other.
We're also getting a prayer bookmark thing going with our Sunday School kids.
Tomorrow the last of the trips leave and March usually proves to be a little quieter; although there is a trip in March and another in April. Hmm... it may not slow down?
Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend our church's women's retreat at Lake Swan. My favorite weekend of the year and this year didn't disappoint. (see above picture)
I spent some great time with Justin an took in a karate lesson of his more than I had in the months before.
I painted an entire room and have yet to put the room back in there. So my sewing room/den/office is spread out between the living and dinning room. It's not bothering me today. We better get some sort of new flooring down in there before the plus side of my B+ personality creeps in.

Let's see, what else happened. I finished another book. This time is was a light read: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants.

We visited a friend from high school at his parents retirement house 30 minutes away. he was a groomsmen in our wedding and a staple in our early years of marriage. It was neat to see him and his parents and have them meet our boys at this stage in their lives. (see above picture)

Well, tonight I'm headed to my friend's house to stay with her boys as she goes and has a baby tomorrow. They leave the house at 5am, so I figured I'd settle in tonight and get ready for a weekend with an 8 and 3 year old.
I hope to jump back on here, I've more to share.

I've gotten to spend some time with God and seeking Him and reading His Word, my heart has been changing over the past several months and years; over these past few days it's been yearning for more. I am excited to see what lies ahead.

Until I write again,
-Michelle

1 comment:

tessahjake said...

I'll be in Florida march 18-25. Pretty sure I won't be able to make it all the way to see you as dad has Chemo and since he was diagnoes a month ago its spread rapidly and I want to spend as much time as possible. Please pray for him though. The Chemo is just to slow it down...its stage 4 malignant melanoma. Pray for me too...I am struggling with this. I missed you!!!! Interet fast - you got staying power girl.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...