Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

33oC

What a great night at 33oC this week!
Two BIG things for me.
#1 a young man who was active at youth all through middle school, went to New Orleans with us, had slipped away and HE CAME TONIGHT!!! I had a great talk with him. Life's crazy at his house and he came to the realization that Jesus could give the peace he was looking for. This thrills me!

#2 One of my girls read her Bible this week, creation through Noah and had questions! Did you read that:
She.
Had.
Questions!
Rock on! I've been praying and praying for some spiritual depth and movement in these girls- PTL I see movement!!

Kevin was gone so that put me in the MC spot and Les taught the main session. Our numbers were good, even though it was chilly cold outside and our stand-in techie did a great job (and he's only 12!).

Besides the fact that our Lifeguards (name for our adult leaders at youth) don't aid in the cleaning up process, the evening went well!

When God is in it- it can't go wrong.

I love working in Student Ministries- it's nights like tonight that make all the bad times slip far away in my mind!
-Michelle

PS my sweet "J" in my small group is really growing dearer to my heart. She is begining to think beyond herself and I just love her!

1 comment:

Simply Dani said...

Haha.
I love you.
Even your indecision about couch placement :)

We need to do that Proverb a day thing. March has 31 days! Let me know if you're still interested.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...