Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, October 08, 2007

Peace in the Storm

Life has thrown our families a lot of curve balls this year.
We started a new business, expanded to a second then added a third.
Now, through God's leading, the first business is evolving into a more home based one, the second is still around but could easily be gone - again by God's doing, and the third... well the third we're unsure what is happening.
Crazy I'm sure for some of you to imagine this.
Are these people stupid?
How could they gain and lose so many businesses in a short amount of time.
I know, our families have though us to be crazy for many years now.
Here's the bottom line:
God's in control of this all.
This year has been a year of faith building.
It's been a year of bringing us closer together as a family and independently closer to the Lord.
I don't know what the future holds, what valleys we'll walk through, what mountains we'll climb and which will be moved; what I do know is this thus far the Lord has helped us and so tomorrow can be nothing but great!
Se these last few months have found me in new areas regarding our finances and also in new areas of ministry.
I've befriended 2 little girls who live in a hotel room with mom and dad, a prostitute who can't see how there could be a God with all that's happened in her life, a homeless man who sees no life outside drinking.
I've also been frustrated when I see drug dealers living fat on the system and old men with lots of money seek out the lowly girl who can't find her self worth in him or any other man.
I've seen the faces of people who society usually looks away from be puzzled at the love of Christ; I've seen hungry kids thrilled for home cooked food. I've seen Jesus though my husband and words soften the heart and countenance of even the hardest of people.
My eyes have been opened these last months and so the uncertainty my flesh desires melts away at the certainty of Christ's love and care for each and every one of us.
This storm of life throws me all over the place and when I look down at the waves I sink, but when I look up, when my mind is focused on Christ and things above the peace in this storm, well, it makes the storm not only bearable but a pleasant place to be.


-Michelle
<><

1 comment:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Beautifully written, Michelle. And it sounds like you are truly doing the Lords work.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...