Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Homeschool

Having a tough time with my home schooling lately. I thought maybe it was a bit of burnout, but after prayer and reflection I realized it's not. It's more of a motivation issue. It's more of an issue of what I am putting my time, effort and heart into.

Home school burnout. I've experienced this before, overwhelming feelings of not enough time or not enough getting done. Nope that's not it for me right now.

It's a lack of interest on my part. This sounds horrible I know, after all I've been home schooling for 9 years and I love my kids very much. I am concerned with their well-being, their growth, their education. It's just lately home school and grading papers and sitting down with them has taken a back seat.

The problem needs fixing, if I've been called to home school my children then what's this issue?

Not seeking God. Not seeking Him for my strength, for my passion, for my desire to educate my children. So to start with I am seeking God in this matter. Asking for a renewed passion for home schooling, for the mindset to sit down and participate.



-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...