Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, September 07, 2012

Today I am...

If you are reading this then I am long gone from my flat seaside home in Florida.
I am most likely driving on CA-120 west toward Tuolumne Meadows, pronounced too-all-oh-me.

If all goes as planned we just stayed the night near Mono Lake and woke up from our queen size room with a bath down the hall, grabbed a cup of coffee and drove around dreaming of retiring there while running our own motel or something.

I'm on day 2 of an outfit I will wear until Sunday and the sunny days and chilly nights on Southern California are a thing of the past as we prepare to snuggle down tonight between two sleeping bags with our electric blanket keeping us warm in the 30-something degree night air that lies ahead.

This is "our time".
Time for Steve and I.
Alone.
Quiet with no "quick runs to beachside" to fix this or that,
no school pick ups or drop offs.
No meetings, no TV, no noise.
No 12 hour days, no 6 day work weeks;
no, just us.

Perhaps by now I am laying out our sleeping bag to serve as our picnic blanket and our "home" for the next several hours as we lay out napping and talking, enjoying the 8,000 foot elevation and the scenery to die for.

I won't make Steve hike today, no that will come tomorrow.
Today is our day to enjoy the high country.
To enjoy each other.

So I wanted to check in and let you all know life is good, really good for me right now.

If you have a Bucket List, this should be on it.
Must be on it.
Yosemite National Park is beautiful, and if you come with your favorite guest of choice, a super relaxed schedule it will be a pace that will remain in your heart forever.

1 comment:

Aleatha said...

this is, perhaps, my favorite post of yours ever. I can "hear" your joy!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...