Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Mark Your Calendars



I am excited to announce that on Saturday, December 10, 2011 my Vintage Sheet sewing label will have a booth at the Christmas Under the Palms craft show.


I'm not sure if I'm more excited about the fact that ALL the money made will go to putting in a well through Charity Water
or
the fact that the items sold will be made by high school students.


So locals-- mark your calendars and those of you not local I hope to make our items available through some sort of online platform, stay tuned.


I have incredible people I know who, regularly feed the hungry, adopt babies, live in 3rd world countries to aid the people there, others I know love the hurting in inner city Detroit, hug those in nursing homes- but for me, 
right now, 
this Charity Water thing seems to be how I can do my part.


Our goal is to raise $5,000 to put in a well. We originally thought $1,000, until a 14-year-old freshman in high school said, "I think we can raise $5,000". She's 14- dream big baby!!


We can do this.
We.


As for you? after you read this post go check out the Charity Water website.
Watch this video.
and make sure you watch this video too (it is set to a Beck song so you can jam as out you cry- or at least that's what I did)


Go there.
Read about it,
get involved,
there is so much more to life than us.
Than me.


and...
please, after you read about this amazing organization please come back here and leave a little note about how it affected your heart. Do this so others can see and read and hear from more than just me.


Then check back here for more news on how you can help us as we raise money to help do our part in changing the world.


Thanks and I love you.

1 comment:

Missy said...

How great! I wish I could come see all the great stuff that has been made.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...