Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Hello Internets!

2010 has been quite a year.
Full of changes,
memories,
fun times with friends and lots of family visits.
My family has gone from four people to six and God has preformed miracles in my heart.
It's been the hardest year of my marriage and the best year of it too.
I've doubted my parenting skills more than ever
and
I've never believed in God my Father and His skills more than I have in 2010.



Christmas was a blast, how could it not be with this little button around:

I think I've gained about 10 pounds this last week.
I made a double batch of my Ribbon Cookies and I'm pretty sure I've eaten that whole extra batch. I'm not gonna even step on a scale, my work pants will tell the truth tomorrow morning and perhaps I'll start on some exercise routine.
I'd like to lose a few pounds anyway, I was thinking of it before this last cookie eating spree.
Well, at least it wasn't the gaining weight spree a few Christmas' back, resulting from a daily dose of Kahlua and milk- but that's another story, for another post. Who knew drinking too much milk could cause warm spots on a person's thigh?

So as I slowly ease my way back into blogging I'm not sure what to blog about?
Being a grandparent?
A parent of teenagers?
My day to day? I've been taking pictures like crazy so I could just picto-blog my life; but what fun would that be, it's kind of hard to use semi-colons with pictures and the beauty of words make me smile.

So now I will finish this Christmas weekend the only way I know how: folding laundry.
Only this time I'm doing it in my bedroom watching a chick-flick while part of the family watches Die Hard and the other Shallow Hal.

Sleep tight and may dreams of sugarplums always dance in our heads.
Love you internets!

3 comments:

Shasta said...

So glad you had a merry Christmas, Michelle! I think you look great so keep on eating those cookies. My Christmas ended with a dose of Pepto-Bismol. Not sure why I thought two plates of dinner was a great idea.

I vote for blogging about it all -- marriage, parenting, grandparenting, work, balance. I love reading it! Oh, and lots of pictures too.

Happy New Year!

Superhero Mom said...

I'm a little jealous of the fact that now you have a person in your house that you can watch chick flicks with! lol! Merry Christmas Michelle...and remember..."thus far the Lord has helped you!" He is so faithful! I love it!

Bev said...

Michelle, keep right on loving your whole family. Keep striving to do it God's way. Happy New Year!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...