Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Sunday, March 30, 2008

21

Saw the movie 21 as a family yesterday afternoon.

Now, we're planning a family trip to Vegas in 6 years where we can count cards as a family team, well it's more like one of my family members planning this, I will not mentioned their name to protect them but if you know my children you know who it is.

I've sent my family off to Sunday School this morning, I stay at home for my only hour of alone time before meeting them for church; anyway, I sent them off, after we played a bunch of hands of blackjack. Good Sunday morning family activities at the Span Ranch.

When my father-in-law taught my children how to play craps at Vaughan's 8th birthday party I wondered if the card playing bug would bite them, and over the past 6 years it's been more of "look what card trick I can do" and not so much about the game.

Now... I'm afraid it's taking a turn.
Driving home from the grocery this morning I gave my "Treat it like it's a drug" speech. My "addiction runs in the family" rant. "Yes, mom, I know". A mother can not be too caucious in these areas.

For one of my children he loves guns, knives and cards. If scotch enters the picture I'll worry more; until then I'll be more happy he was introduced to M.I.T. than to the game of blackjack.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...