Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, April 20, 2007

Wearing the Same Shoes

Life's been a challenge lately, my faith's being stretched, God's becoming something new to me, something fresh, something awesome!
Today a bit of my past came rushing over me. A part of me that I thought was gone, I thought I'd kicked. I can't ever think that. I can't ever sit back and think I'm conqored this or I've overcome that. Instead it's Christ who gets the glory, it;s Christ who I give credit too. As I step out in faith, as I begin to trust God anew the enemy becomes new too. In this case he was new with some old tricks. I'm not exactly sure how the lies get into my head or how the anxiety flushes over me so quickly but it's a new battlefield with the same old enemy. What makes me smile, what makes my heart jump for joy is that the victory is won and I'm on that winning side.
It doesn't just happen once, it hits me over and over and over. Again and again I chose to believe the truth, I chose to believe God.

I'm remembering how the Israelits trusted God for that day. For that provision. They survived 40 years with the same shoes, the same clothes the mana for that day, no more, no less
.
-Michelle
<><

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...