Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Friday, April 20, 2007

It's Friday, It's Quiet, And I'm Getting Old!

I'm sitting here in silence.
Silence.
This week has been a whirlwind and when I realized this morning it was Friday I just couldn't believe it- where did Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday go?
Anyway back to the silence. It truly is golden. There is the sound of the gentle rain and the wind through the trees, but they're like music to my silent ears.
Hubs and the boys are camping with the Boy Scouts this weekend. This is the first camp out with Night Owl in Boy Scouts and not Cub Scouts, so here I sit, alone and did I mention it's quiet 'round here?
What's a girl to do?
What's a girl to do?
First things first, I've gotten caught up on all my blog reading, priorities ladies, priorities!
I've spoken with my mother - another must around here when the boys are out.
So what ever wil I do with a free Friday night?
I know...
Clean.
I know, I know, I should sit and relax awhile, watch a movie, drink some coffee, eat some chocolate; but if you could see the state of my house, oh if you could see the state of my house. Looking around besides this computer chair, I'm not sure there is even a place to sit in this joint. With a crazy week comes piles of stuff. It's like if I don't clean off my counter or fold my clothes right away they all begin to multiply. So after I write this I'll put me on a pot of coffee, eat a Mint Milano cookie, crank up tobymac Diverse City, the ultimate cleaning music, and clean. Since we like to celebrate around here once I get a room clean I'll get to dance in it alittle. Then, most likely I'll attempt some sort of gymnastic move. I'll break out into my level 6 or 5, OK maybe level 2, beam routine using the grout on my floor as a guide, pretend I'm 12 again and in my gymnastics prime. Then I'll throw in some walkovers, twirls and jumps before quickly remembering I'm 32 and this body ain't made to do all that stuff anymore. This will constitute some pain reliever, pain-a-trate and a brief visit to the couch.
I could of course not clean at all and avoid the headache and muscle soreness all together.
But what fun would that be,
after all I'm here alone,
in silence-
oh how heavenly!

-Michelle
<><

1 comment:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Clean? You have the house to yourself and you're going to clean? Ok, just the clean the bathroom so it will be clean the whole weekend with no men around, then turn on Lifetime (or any other suitable women only channel) and relax!! Enjoy yourself, your chocolate and your silence :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...