Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Resting in Who I'm NOT

Ever feel like God is telling you something?
Like when you read 3 things that all seem to be on the same page of your life?
That was this morning for me.

Last night as I lay in bed I had the strongest feeling come over me that I should have done things differently in my life.
My career path to be more precise.
As a teenage mom I did have the chance to go to college and I did start down that path but instead I chose to drop out and focus 100% on my family.
I chose to stay at home, support Steve's college and work careers, change diapers and homeschool.
Last night as I lay my head on my pillow, I thought very strongly that I should have pursued college and a career outside my home.

Then this morning I read in the Daily Bread about it being Jesus' work on the cross that saves me, not my own good works. Not doubting my salvation just struggling with how I can be where I am when I have truly been serving with a well-meaning heart.
My mind jumps to "If I'd gone a different path, I wouldn't be at this point on the journey." When in reality I could be at a very different point still just as heart aching.

"It's God's gift from start to finish! We don't play the major role. If we did, we'd probably go around bragging that we'd done the whole thing! No, we don't make or save ourselves. God does both the making and the saving." Ephesian 2:8-9 Mess.

Then, when I read Brandi's blog she quoted Beth Moore saying: "You need to learn to rest in knowing who you are, and resting in who you are NOT."

Who I am not.
Resting in that.
Cause it's OK.

2 comments:

Aleatha said...

I'm so happy you listened to God and not the world!

Michelle said...

Thanks Aleatha, encouragement is good for me right now!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...