Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I Really Wanted to Post Another Video...

...but Amanda would have disowned me.

OK, OK. It's been awhile- I know.
I've been busy.
Last week we started our middle and high school mid-week activities.
This year it's called 33OC- that 33 weeks on Cool.
What is cool? What's not? That's what we're asking our students, and we're helping them see what God's Word says about it all.
This year, well as of right now, I am co-leading, the 10th grade girls group. Secretly I'm hoping to split the group but we need to wait and see what the numbers look like.
Since I've been all out since last week I haven't even gotten a chance to do all the attendance so I don't even know how many students came on opening night. Looking at the empty chairs my guess is we had between 125-150 students!
Rock on!
Things went smooth, things went well. I love my job on nights like those.

Early Friday morning my mother and grandmother picked me up and we flew to NH for my niece's wedding on Saturday. This was the hardest time I had leaving of any of my trips back "home". I'm not sure why? I spent most of the day Saturday and Saturday night with my 18 year old nephew, dragging him to my sister-in-laws and all over the place. I miss him.
And my niece.
And my other nephew.
And my brothers.
And my sister-in-laws, and cousins and friends Jenny.
But life is here home is here in good ol FL of A!

We arrived back at my house Monday morning at 12:30am and I spent the better part of yesterday recovering.
Today I had a local speaking engagement and now tonight a cross country meet, thankfully it's on the beach here locally.
Oh yeah and we home schooled.
Can't forget that, I think it's important- at least people tell me it is!

So that's where I've been and it's why I'm not posting any pics right now- I just don't have the spare time. Perhaps tonight.

I have great pics!
Cool new things in my home town area and I wish I could have brought home the cool air, the crisp leaves and the smell of wood burning stoves.

~Michelle

PS so sorry I didn't post the video because it would have been Walk Like An Egyptian, hey take your beef up with Toughy

4 comments:

Amanda said...

HAHAHA- Good whatever works to get my bogs back. Yes I called them mine bc I feel like they belong and are to me. Others read I know, but were talking about me. I mean you. Keep writting, I still feel backed up.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update...was wondering where you were!!! Love your long comment...I sat here and laughed my butt off! Especially when I looked up the scripture reference. You are awesome! And yes, I miss the north too...my dad called and said the leaves are changing...blah...I feel the air changing here...it is coming!

coldbayprincess said...

well if it's any comfort i'm stil in my full winter gear..... and the weather in maine sounds wonderful..so i hear. glad you were able to go to new england, love you mol

Amanda said...

HELLO MORE words!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...