Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Simply Travel

I love to travel.
Perhaps it has to do with an upbringing up and down the east coast as my Floridian mother balanced a life in the snowy winters of Maine with sunny Florida getaways in the Spring. 

In the 70's and 80's we drove I-95 from Maine through busy Boston, bumpy New York, mysterious Washington DC until finally that thu-thump, thu-thump, thu-thump of the southern roadways alerted my brain that palm trees, sandy beaches and sunshine were close at hand.

However it happened, it did.
I love to travel.

East coast, Best West coast, across the pond.
Frontier of Honduras, beach of Florida.
Sierra-Nevadas, streets of San Fran.
Wherever I go I just love it.

I get asked a lot to help people plan their travel.
I also get told a lot that travel is out of a families reach.
When I hear that I take it as a challenge to get that family on the road.

Travel does not have to involve planes, trains and automobiles.
It can be as simple as heading out on foot from your front door,
to an inexpensive car day trip in your own state or even own town.

In an attempt to have way to many websites, or blogs as you all call them, I have begun to compile a list and itinerary for some of my favorite trips and places.

My hope and dream for my new travel website/blog is that Spanos Family Travels will encourage you to get out and travel. It'll contain local Central Florida trips, which are great for Floridians as well as those visiting Daytona Beach or Orlando.

Hop over there.
Look around and send me some feedback.
What do you want to see?
Where do you want to go?

I'd love to know.
-m

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...