Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Spend Time Together

One of our more recent caches near a local playground
If you have never gone Geocaching then I suggest you try it out!

Geo-caching is a worldwide GPS treasure hunt. You can learn more about it here.

I use the Geocache app and have been caching with all three of my children, several of my adult girlfriends and their kids,
my husband, students I happen to be mentoring and all by myself. I have logged close to 70 caches in 4 states over the last 3 years.

It's easy.
Using my phones app I search for nearby caches.
Once we find one close-by the hunt is on.

I've Geocached in parking lots, the woods, on pedestrian trails and near playgrounds;
but what I like most about Geocaching is that it brings people together.
Geocaching in the tundra of Alaska
As you navigate the cache there is a sense of adventure,
of teamwork,
mystery and excitement.

We talk as we travel to the cache.
We laugh.
We share snacks and picnics,
ice cream and shakes.

We enjoy the moments together,
we create a memory in our adventure.

Geocaching spans all ages,
all genders, and it's practically free! 
I spent $10 on the iPhone app, droid has a free version, and if you Geocache in your own town it's like a mini vacation right in your own back yard.


Caching on a recent bike ride.
So who's Geocached before? if it's been awhile use this post as encouragement to get out there and find a cache.

If you have't given Geocaching a try then what are you waiting for?

Visit their website,
set up a free acount
and hunt away!


"And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near." Hebrews 10:25

get out and enjoy
-m

*disclaimer, Geocaching has been known to cause quarrels especially when a cache is tough to find or conditions are less than stellar- can you say Mosquito Lagoon, be forewarned and do not give way to quarreling, bickering or the like. Life is too short for that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...