Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Monday, November 03, 2014

Child's Desk

I recently made up some All By Myself Preschool Boxes to help teach Aubry how to have some quiet, self time. I pretty much made a shopping list from the list at 1+1+1=1.

I did purchase different boxes. I picked them up at Wal-mart.

I only made 4 for cost purpose and did not label them with days of the week.
That is a little too structured for me
which, is what I love about this idea of an All By Myself Box- it's flexibility.

Here is a picture of our boxes
If you have little ones go to 1+1+1=1 and check out her boxes to see the content and how she puts them together.

Aubry is a little young and very much a play with someone kind of girl, so the All By Myself boxes, or quiet boxes as we call them start with me leading and helping her get started; eventually she'll be able to spend more time "all by herself" allowing me some more Aubry-free-time which will come in handy when we home school.

We also finished the kids part of the "command station" for the house.

Originally we were going to try our hand at concrete countertops but we just love wood so the wood won out!
The iKea buckets house pens and crayon, scissors and markers.
I bought the paper roll station and paper roll at iKea.
The blue stripped bins hold play-dog and misc. craft, like stickers and small notebooks.
On the top shelf two red bins have card games and misc tags and small fun paper scraps.
These Melissa and Doug box of beads and string complete the little shelf area.

I also purchased wall magazine racks to keep easy access to coloring books and paper.

So that's the first phase of the kitchen remodel, my desk is right next to this childrens desk and it is completed as well, so stay tuned for pictures of the real house command center.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...