Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, November 06, 2014

Down Here at the Blog Hop

I added this picture because as I type this I am craving In-N-Out, now hopefully you are too.
So back in August I was asked to participate in a Blog Hop by Doris at Walking Deeper.

Basically I answer four questions here on this bloggity spot and then I introduce 3-4 of my blogging friends and they answer the same four questions, tag their friends and the blog hopping beats on...

3 months after wanting to sit down and do this, here I am.

Here goes:

1. What am I writing or working on?
I am always journaling. It's therapy for me. Happy, sad, depressed, angry; writing has always been a part of those. 
So I am currently still writing my life in my personal journal, I have kept a journal since I was 8 years old 32 years ago.
I am also putting my daughter Aubry's life and adoption story together.
Am also working on fine tuning or changing my blog look.


2. How does my work differ from others of its genre?
I'm not really sure how to answer this as I am not sure what genre my blog would be in?
Life.
Family.
Faith.
I am a little bit of everything around here and this blog is mostly about me and mine, so I guess it differs in that it is about me- a unique child of God walking this unique journey.

3. Why do I write what I do?
I started blogging when I gave up scrapbooking.
So I write to record my family, it's history and the faithfulness of God along the way.

4. How does my writing process work?
Writing has to come to me.
I'll be doing housework and then a thought process will start in my head.
I begin to write in my brain,
then if time allows I make a mad dash to sit myself down and put mind to paper;
or fingers to keypad.
Once I do a brain dump of all my thoughts often times I walk away.
The therapy of getting that out of my head and into something I can reference later is enough and so I usually step away
other time i don't step away, instead I
edit.
I add pictures and edit before posting. Sometimes this process takes place right after I wrote the post, other times it's days later.
Once it's finalized I hit publish.

Now to introduce you to 3 of my blogging friends:
I have known Allison from 13 years ago. We have done more life together via blogging than face to face and until this past summer only lived a matter of miles away from each another. She's a mom to 5, a kindred spirit in our heart for adoption and foster care children, she home schools, has a Christ-centered perspective on life and recently moved to her dream location of colder weather in North Carolina.
Enjoy getting to know her.

I have known Missy since the late 80's when my family moved into her family owned bed and breakfast  in New Hampshire. We instantly clicked and dad says I moved into her room just days into our month long stay. We were cheerleaders together, had classes together and she was above all my first Jesus believing friend not a relative. I haven't seen her since graduation 20 years ago but the internet brings people together. I love her view on life and her pictures of it.

 Raw
Emily is my most recent best friend. We met about 3 years ago and hit it off right away; we've done a lot of life together. She is the health nut friend we all need, I actually have three of them. She researches and knows about all the vitamins and minerals and drinks and salads we should all be eating and when she blogs about it I like to read it and I hope you do to.

I really have a few other people I'd like to participate in this so I'll just tag them as well.
Kiki is a youth group girl all grown up.
It was in middle school that she and I landed the front of a rental car for our two-hour ride home from a conference in Lakeland. We listened to  KJ-52 the whole ride. We are forever bound by that CD. I have traveled on mission trips with her and done a lot of chatting over crafts and coffee. College student now, she should blog more often.

This young lady is new to me.
A few months ago Steve and I started helping out, or showing up, at our churches college age ministry and I met Brisimp. A millentials perspective, check her out along with me.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...