Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, August 07, 2014

Back in the Saddle Again

So I've somewhat settled back into the real world.
You know the one with a house to manage and jobs to be done.
Truth be told I prefer summers in NH. The weather, the woods, trees and carefree evenings with family.

Not that I don't like Florida, I mean I've lived here for 13 years, it's just NH will always be a part of who I am. When I'm there I feel a little more in my place on this earth, summers in Florida remind me of how my fair skin and light eyes were not made for the intensity the southern sun has to offer.
Of course send me to NH in January for a month and I very well will be singing a different tune.

So we're back.

Adoption should be complete by October, upcoming weddings and a 40th birthday celebration await us in the upcoming months.
Until then I will be sticking close to home. Living on a farm in small town New England for a month reminded me of how I love a life at home.
Simple.
Quiet.
Home focused.

And blogging-- perhaps I will blog more. I know once the adoption is final I will have the freedom to share more of Aubry May's story.
I had the privilege of being highlighted on my friend Doris' blog; go and check her site out- it's very encouraging and will surely touch all who read her writing. http://dorisswift.com/2014/08/06/welcome-to-the-blog-hop/

Anyway- patience as I can only blog through my sad, dying iPhone, as all technology at some point in time always seems to rise up against me in revolt and quit working--- talk about Rise if the Machines :)

Happy Thursday
for Thursdays...
are just a fun days!!!



Anyone else enjoy my movie and music references?? They made me smile.

2 comments:

Superhero Mom said...

Welcome back! You had a wonderful vacation and I felt like I was there too. I loved all the pictures and updates! Miss you...perhaps coffee, tea or a smoothie at some point? Would love to catch up!

Allison Reynolds said...

Glad to have you back! There is something about being in the place that feels so real to you...like it's part of you. That's how I feel about North Carolina. Truly, New York will always be my home, but this sure comes close to it :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...