Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Flowers and Acorns, Pine Needles and Trees

We stop and smell the flowers a lot.
What should be a 10 minute walk becomes a 15-20 minute one; simply because we took the time to stop and smell some flowers.
Or watch and inchworm,
Collect pine needles,
Grab a rock for our rock collection,
Whatever the reason we tend to enjoy the life that is right in front of us.

I mean don't get me wrong, I rush around some days, many days??-- but mostly I try my best to enjoy what's on my current plate.

Our flower smelling, and picking, makes us late often
But allows for conversations to be had, lessons to be learned and memories to be made and that's what really matters.

My BFF from hs has two little sisters, one of them told me yesterday in regards to the third sisters suicide 17 years ago that she has chosen to "keep on living. Some people loose someone very close to them" she said, "and they hold on so much that they don't live. I chose to live life." I love that!! She is choosing to: Live. Right. Now.

What happens has happened and what is right here right now is what matters.

While I often wonder if my flower picking time schedule, which often makes us late, I wonder if that in it's flaw is disrespectful to the people and things I arrive late at?
Idk
But what I do know is that flowers make pretty centerpieces and a bowl of acorns makes my heart smile. So we'll continue to stop and smell the flowers.

I'd encourage you to do the same and share it in a comment here or on FB.

Oh and one last tip, when slowing down and smelling the flowers, take a breath, breathe it in. Actually smell the flower- then in the wise words of Aubry May "it smells good"-- God is good.

Taste and see The Lord is good.

Happy days,

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...