Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Sunday, August 31, 2014

My Heart Is Really Smiling

Sept 2014
Wow
I can't believe it, what a fast summer. 
After spending 4 weeks in NH followed by a week in the GSMNP I wasn't sure how life would be back here in FL. 

You know the life with dishes and vacuuming, husband and cleaning. 
Yea that life. 

I must say it has been a tough season. 
For whatever reason my entrance back into FL life was a hard challenge. 
My self talk got real negative and words like "hate" entered my vocab. 

What? Hate? Even I know I don't like that word.  

Needless, I'd begin to come out of it and then choose to step back into it. As if I deserved what I was thinking. It was a tough transition. 

But that is not where this story ends. 
No. 
It ends with a listening to the Holt Spirit;
It ends with a trip over The Stumbling Block. 
It ends at the beginning. 
The beginning of a change in mindset,
A change in self talk. 
A turning my 
eyes, 
heart, 
head, 
thoughts and words 
to Christ and the Truth that is the Word of God. 

I actually ran across one of Steve's college books from one of his Master's of Counceling classes at Liberty University (yes my man is a nerd, he just works construction for the love of it); anyway the book is "Telling Yourself the Truth" - so far good stuff. 
And
Good stuff that is challenging me to change my talk to reflect what God says about me. 

I believe this season has been an attack from a loosing enemy. 

An attack before a victorious season because Christ lives in me and I am a Royal Priest. 

Well 
Until next time
And let's hope my next time involves me typing this from a computer instead of...
...on my iPhone,
...on Aubry's bed,
...well past bedtime in the dimly lite room we all call ours. 

-hehe

And I say to you all: peace and love 
Kind thoughts
Scripture meditation

Xoxo
-m

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...