Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Packing the Dinner Table in Your Knapsack

So my family and I haven't regularly sat around a dinner table together in years!

I read a recent FB post on family dinners and my heart ached a little, my initial reaction was "I want the family dinners like they have";

but they're not my family. 

They are a great family and they do family well but what fits them doesn't necessarily fit us all, and that's OK.

I am a fan of family dinners and we enjoyed them for many years but then, suddenly, for us- life happened. 

With that the family dinner slipped away from our reach.

But this is not a story of how I feel my family is out of touch with one another, 

on the contrary
this is a story of how we live life together.
How we've packed the family dinner table into our knapsacks and taken it on the road.

Family dinner was replaced with lunch at dad's shop
or a car ride just the lot of us laughing the whole way.


I am a big fan of family bonding around the dinner table and I think we're headed that way again soon but until then I'll take the conversations driving him to work, 

the late night bedroom chats 
and the last minute meet-ups at movie sets!! 

So if family dinner isn't working for you, find something else; a way to bond and connect, to make memories and create moments.

What are some ways you connect with your family?


Here's a link to some themed family nights we've done

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...