So we went to court last week and as the justice system works we sat around for over 2 hours to get our 2 minutes in front of the judge asking for a continuance.
A failed transport of Aubry's bio-dad from the local county jail due to a misspelling of his name in his most recent arrest meant we couldn't proceed,
instead we will sit back in front of the judge in early December.
In case you haven't been keeping up we are going in front of the judge to ask him to change Aubry's case plan from reunification with her bio-parents to terminating their parental rights which will them allow her to be available for adoption, she is a ward of the state right now, and once she is available for adoption we can then wait for our day in front of the judge to, Lord willing, make that little girl a legal part of our family.
Now if there is parental resistance we'll go to trial.
So for another couple weeks we wait and then
this time we don't have to take Aubry!