Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Saturday, June 30, 2012

This is for the Sinners Out There

I had to dig up some of my testimony this last week. 
3 times.
You know the part of my story that is the worst, the skeleton in the closet type.
I had shared it before but it was different then.
And different now.
I was so reminded of God's loving kindness,
His forgiveness.
I shared without feeling sick in my stomach, like a loser, failure.
the man i don't deserve - my daily grace


No grace took care of that- grace forgave me.


God's love for me even though I took a stand and decided my way, my desire was more important than obeying God.
And then... 
that stand rocked my world, changed my world forever;
effected my marriage,
broke the heart of God, 
gave the "enemy of my soul" a gust of wind to fuel the coal bed of lies he tends in my head.


On my face I cry out to the Lord as Nehemiah did,
"We've treated you like dirt: We haven't done what you told us, haven't followed your commands, and haven't respected the decisions..."


I am comforted as I read the words of the Lord through Jeremiah


“‘Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security. I will bring Judah and Israel back from captivity[b] and will rebuild them as they were before. I will cleanse them from all the sin they have committed against me and will forgive all their sins of rebellion against me. Then this city will bring me renown, joy, praise and honor before all nations on earth that hear of all the good things I do for it; and they will be in awe and will tremble at the abundant prosperity and peace I provide for it.’


What about you?
Feeling beat up?
Like a loser sinner?
Unworthy?
Take heart friend, you may have strayed, gone your own way, done your own thing but trust me when I say there is a Savior, the Savior
ready,
waiting,
to pull you from your pit,
bring health and healing to your life,
rebuild you,
and then...
use you to bring glory to Him.
So the whole earth can hear of all the good things God does for it.


You are the city Jeremiah spoke of.


You don't deserve any of this.
It is only through grace you get it


and only through grace you can pass it on.


Now some photo fun:


She is sweetness, a miracle

P.S. we are superheros







2 comments:

Doris said...

Great post Michelle! Beautifully written and heartfelt...Love the pictures too (as always!)..God bless sister!!

Rachelp said...

When we get that... when we get the BEAUTY of what Christ did for us..and our unworthiness of it, then, we get the gospel. Thank you for sharing your heart...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...