Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Saturday, November 06, 2010

One of These Kids Is Doing Her Own Thing

Bloom where you are planted.
When I started my job I wasn't sure why I was there. I had been living in boy world pretty much since birth and so dresses and silhouettes, sashes and accessories were pretty foreign terms to my ears.
Then I studied and studied.
Got trained and watched television shows about dresses and weddings.
After 6 months I can say with confidence that I do know what I'm talking about. I do know about wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, accessories, sashes, boleros, and shoes.
But I still often wonder why am I there.
Then a day like yesterday happens.
A week like last week.
I can often feel like the egg above, out of place.
But then God puts events in my life and the lives of my co-workers so we can be there for one another, to encourage, to listen, to understand and to laugh.
My desire to is to Jesus in my workplace. To be the light, the city of a hill.
It's OK to be the odd egg out, a little different.
O Lord may I be a little bit more different today than yesterday and may my difference point people toward You. May You get ALL the praise and glory in my miracle of a life.
For great is our God and most worthy of praise. Psalm 96:4a


What about you- where are you to be the light? To be Jesus?
Not only where but ARE YOU?
if yes- I encourage you to excel still more
if you're not
I encourage you to just do it, I know you can.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...