Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Spinning Into the Arms of Jesus

Life has been crazy lately.

I've learned news about my children's lives, my close friends lives and the lives of my not-so-close friends; news that has rocked my world.

Well.
That's not true.
See while all the news that has been flying my way has been devastating, shocking, hurtful and disappointing it hasn't been crushing.

It could have been and to others is may have spun them into despair, depression and withdrawal. Heck! a few years or even months back I think it may have done all of that to me.

But it hasn't and for that I am thankful.

God began working in my heart a few months back, He spoke to me saying "Who ya gonna believe?" Some hurtful things had been said to me and my natural tendency is to shrink back, but not this time. See when I heard, and no it wasn't an audible voice, God say "Who ya gonna believe?" peace came over me.

I've chosen to believe God.
Believe He knows what today will offer and what tomorrow will bring.
He wrote each of my days in His book before one of them came to be, how could I question there exsistence?
Psalm 139:16 in the Message Bible says it this way:
Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
The days of my life all prepared
before I'd even lived one day.


How could I not believe?

While He doesn't like pain and disappointment for me, He does use it for His good.
As I face the reality of my news and the news of my friends I find such a comfort in the arms of my Jesus. When I look at it from my standpoint I am perplexed at this peace, shaking my head at this calmness. When I look back at the reasons he has given me to believe Him I am sad that I even doubted.

See, I've found the best way to combat unbelief is to recall past goodness.
I look back at times I should have been dead,
times my husband could have left me,
times my friends should have kicked my meanness to the curb,
times we should have been without food.

When I look back and see the hand of God in my life I can't help but look toward my next second on this planet with hope and with peace. No, this hope and peace doesn't always come right away but these last few months it has.

Oh how I love Jesus and the truth in who He is. I love that my life did not spin out of control but instead spun me right into the hand of God.

So whatever you are facing, whatever storm has come your way I ask you this:
"Who ya gonna believe?"
and I pray that like me you'll say with confidence: "I'm believin' God!"

Oh and the picture above??
It's what a momma of boys does when her baby chicks have independence, she goes out and sets off some bottle rockets! The sounds of boys may not be heard but I sure can do my best to replicate them!!

Peace, love and smiles-

1 comment:

tessahjake said...

I feel like I should share my weekend with you - Jake disappeared for 7 hours and we couldn't find him...until 9:30pm....he went to a girl he liked's house to play and lied to me about it and it was WAY far from our neighborhood....needless to say - Jake is getting to know his room and I avoided heart failure....SIGH
hope all is ok....worried about you.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...