Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Thursday, November 08, 2012

Today I'm Painting a Dresser and Typing This

Today at Bible study we heard about the relationship between joy and anguish.
I won't get into all the technical stuff but I will say that it made me think of the times in my life when I was in anguish.
When my heart couldn't handle it, my mind could barely stand it and my body felt as though it couldn't bare up under it.
Looking back at those times I see the joy that resulted.
The joy in the lesson,
in the result,
in the growing pains of life.

While I really don't feel as though I am in any sort of anguish right now, I also don't feel as though I am living in great joy.

My mind can allow myself to see anguish as a possibility,
and my heart desires joy.

My source of anguish has morphed into joy
but only through my Savior is that possible.

-----------------------------------

On a separate note there's a good chance, OK so there is the fact,
that I will be leaving Wednesday night youth service for Sunday morning youth service.
The difference, besides the day and time, is the switch from a small group leader to a D-Teams teacher.
*deep breath*
yeah, I'm pretty much an idiot
but for some reason God is calling this idiot to teach in a more formal setting about Him.
Nervous? yes.
Stepping out in faith. yes
Just wanting to post this of my boys
For whatever reason I have never felt so unequipped and least qualified for this.
I'm scared.
Not much scares me in the physical world but this does.
And it's not fear of speaking, or the kids. Not sure what it's root is.
So I could use some prayer.

May you have a happy day~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...