Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Hope

I want to stop hoping,
I desire to give in,
I yearn to give up,
will I ever win?

The path is dark,
the way looks bleak,
I don't want to hope,
my heart is oh so weak.

It's not going my way,
I can not see the light,
"abandon all hope" I cry,
it just won't make things right.

I try to stop hoping,
but then I hear,
a still, quiet voice
telling me to draw near.

"It's in this dark,
this hopeless state
you'll look to Me
and learn to wait

hope is not for the sunny days
when all is looking clear
it's for those stormy times
when you really just need Me near."

I no longer hate this hoping
I no longer want to quit
instead I hope in Jesus
and with Him I calmly sit.



Go here for more

I certainly am no poet-

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...