Then Samuel took a stone and set it up between Misphah and Shen. He named it Ebenezar, saying , "Thus far the Lord has helped us." 1 Samuel 7:12

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

:)

Not much really going on but I just felt like I wanted to sit here and write something.
Helped a friend pack yesterday,
we talked about how cleansing it is to move- going through and throwing away, weeding out and boxing up.
Then you spend a week or two without-
and life works.
How you think about not ever opening those boxes again; but then reality hits and you realize pots and pans make cooking easier and you really miss looking at the cute little such and such you bought when you were at that someplace special.
So the boxes get opened and you unpack.
I thought about how nice it is to start over.
A new room,
a clear shelf,
starting fresh with wall hangings and even friendships.
Sometimes I think I'd like to start fresh again.
The I thought about God.
How He looks at me that way when I go to Him after really screwing up.
A clean slate, a fresh start; the old is gone and the new is here.
A clean slate, a fresh start, a life of forgiveness.
So what about me? When someone comes to me after hurting me and seeks forgiveness do I give them a clean slate and fresh start? or do I unpack all the old crap and place it back on the clean shelf eventually clogging the relationship.
I don't wanna be that way.
Currently I have a person in my life who I don't wanna forgive, I don't wanna like, I don't wanna be kind to.
But somehow, because of the Holy Spirit living in me I am doing it.
I don't want to, my mind goes places and thinks things I don't want it to go or think.
The hurt is deep, but it's healing; I can feel it- the peace in me over the situation can only come from God.
It takes work, I have to make the effort to take every thought captive, to think of good things.
So not much going on in my life, except there really is.
Besides all this learning to love people I must take on the task at hand for me today: to clean one of Steve's clients homes.
A huge home sitting on the ocean a busy day before getting kids from school.
Have a blessed one!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...